Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nesting?

NESTING

a : a bed or receptacle prepared by an animal and especially a bird for its eggs and young

b: Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.


Females of the animal kingdom are all equipped with this same need. It is a primal instinct. Just as you see birds making their nests, mothers-to-be do exactly the same thing. The act of nesting puts you in control and gives a sense of accomplishment toward birth. You may become a homebody and want to retreat into the comfort of home and familiar company, like a brooding hen. The nesting urge can also be seen as a sign of the onset of labor when it occurs close to 40 weeks of pregnancy.

NO, BUT SERIOUSLY..... I CANNOT STOP!
I can think of 20 more things to do that feel equally important!

Organizing the office

Taking the kids to dentist/doctor apts



organizing the garage/storage unit


baby boy needs a blanket of course!

Organizing game closet

Millie's birthday pictures
 
madly cleaning every carpet area in my house.
A long overdue project!

Clothing washed and ready to wear


linen closet... And every other closet in the home!


bedding washed and ready to go!

You would not believe the piles I have ready for D.I. (next thing on the "to do list")

I have been doing crazy amounts of hair( so if you need one more apt before mister comes, let me know!)

Everything feels like an emergency and I have crazy amounts of energy... I'm here to tell you nesting is a REAL THING PEOPLE!! :)

4 comments:

St. Julien's said...

ha ha. that sounds great, i need some nesting instincts right about now, imagine how productive i'd be:) I haven't had that with my other pregnancies, sounds downright convenient tho. so excited for you!!

The Wiseman Life said...

Your having a baby???? Oh my gosh where have I been? I just jumped on your blog and I can't tell you how happy I am for your cute family. Congrats! I have loved going through your blog. Millie is a beauty. Getting so big.

Nicole said...

Yep. True dat. I went through the same thing with both of my baby's. Luckily I got the burst of energy close with Tyce just in time to hold a garage sale and pack up my entire house for moving to another state. and you thought you had a to do list... ;)

Unknown said...

You can come to my house and nest If you RUN out of things to do at your nice and clean home... I am loving that cute little boy and can not wait to meet him :)